Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Installing Uconnect!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvbosch View Post
    This is the best thread I have found so far with my quest to fix my uconnect in my 2005 Chrysler Town and Country Limited. I have satellite radio, navigation, 6-CD changer, and uconnect. It hasn't worked in over a year. As everyone knows, the Bluetooth/uconnect module costs a fortune. There seems to be two different module numbers for 2005's: 05064022 and 56040974. My dealership agent told me that I needed the 56940974 telematics module. Problem is you can't find them on ebay. There are a few 05064022's on ebay for a reasonable price. I need to get my hands on the 56940974, or, alternatively, be assured that the 05064022 will work on my car. Also, can anybody advise me on how to approach a junkyard employee in trying to explain that I want a 56940974 telematics module out of one their junkers? Thanks.
    If it's a pick & pull yard I just say I am searching for a caravan cd changer part and ask them to point me toward the caravan's on the lot from 03-07.

Just a heads up, a really rare and complete looking uconnect set is up on ebay. I have not seen one complete for sale since the end of 2014.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Tow...510413?vxp=mtr

Hey all..If anyone is looking for a Uconnect setup from a 2005-2007 Town and Country to do the Uconnect upgrade let me know...I was looking for a setup to work in my Pacifica that replaced my 300m and bought 2 full kits. Both have the Mirror 56040974AD, Module 05064017AD, Large Harness 04869734AC, and Small Harness 04869387AC as well as the other side of the power connector to make a clean install. $250 OBO
    Last edited by Mopar_Mikey; 08-14-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Fixed the pics below since it seems I can't edit my older posts.

Quote Originally Posted by protivakid View Post
    CONFIRMED WORKING with my REV radio. At first I had trouble pairing but then I realized you just needed to walk through the voice prompt setup via the UConnect button for the phone to see it and sync over bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by protivakid View Post
    One thing that had me confused was how everything connects and what cables do I need. Here is some pics I took tonight to help others.

Note: From what I can tell the "Luxry" hands free mirror is the one with the auto-dim and multiple UConnect buttons such as the one with the Phone symbol. The Non-Luxry mirror is the one with only the Microphone and power button. I will refer to them as such below.

My UConnect Module: 05064022AQ (Have also seen the last letter as G or H or O or P)

A - UConnect to Radio 01869387A(B or C)
    B - UConnect to Mirror (Luxry)-04869207A(A or B) (Non-Luxry)-04869732A(B or C or D)
    C - Empty port for Sat radio or CD Changer.

Close up pic of the connectors on the UConnect

Close up of harness connectors from UConnect to Radio

Close up of Luxry and Non-Luxry harness. Notice the extra wire on pin 12 of the Luxry harness. The book says this is "L1 20BK/WT (AUTOMATIC DAY/NIGHT MIRROR) - BACK-UP LAMP FEED".

Close up of the power connector on the harness. The Caravan/Town & Country will have a spot for this under the cd changer. Other cars will have to splice into a power source. By default the Caravan uses an always live power source but I have seen people use a switched source like the cigar lighter. The reason the Caravan's is always-on is so that if you turn the car off while on a UConenct call, the bluetooth will still work. If you do this with a switched source you will cut your power to the unit when you remove your key. Off topic if anyone knows the name of the female connector let me know so I can try to find a pigtail and do a cleaner instal job.

Pic of the female Caravan power connector another nice forum member took

Mirror connector showing the Luxry and Non-Luxry harness. The Luxry harness has the extra 7-pin connector for the Luxry mirror. The book lists the pins as follows: (1) "X793 20DB (HANDS FREE) - IGNITION RUN/ACC SIGNAL". (2) "Z530 18GY/BK (HANDS FREE) - GROUND". (3) "L1 20BK/WT - BACK-UP LAMP FEED". I have tried both harnesses on my Luxry mirror with the Auto-Dim and UConnect Phone button. Both seem to function the exact same and the only difference I have noticed is that the UConnect buttons on the mirror do not light up at night on the Non-Luxry harness. I also didn't try to see if the auto-dim worked or not. It should be easy enough to run the extra wires with the standard harness if you want the button lights to work.

Picture of the Luxry connector plugged into the Luxry mirror

Picture of the Luxry Mirror

Last here is the wiring diagram for those curious or those that need to add wires to an existing harness or make their own harness

Quote Originally Posted by Gdsabol
    Thank you for posting updated pics in the Installing Uconnect thread. I've had all the correct parts for years but have never figured out how to power my wiring harness. Can you go into more detail in this? It's taken me years to gather the parts and I'd love to get this working. I've watched this thread for years but this is the first time I've registered.

Thank you!

Gary
    I Gary, posting my response here so others can benefit as well

In the picture below you will see the power connector from the UConnect harness, if yours looks different post up a pic. Since you won't have the female connector (unless you rip out out of a caravan) you will need to splice the existing to a fused power source and a ground. I would use an add-a-fuse which you can get at any auto parts store (pictured below) and find a power source in your fuse box that provides power only when the key is on Run or Accessory. For the ground you can use any good piece of metal with a screw in it behind the radio area and just use an eye ring power connector to ground there.

I appreciate the information and pics! I'll try to tackle it this weekend.

Gary

I was able to successfully install Uconnect in my 2004 Dodge Ram. I updated to the Rb1 radio and connected my iPod using the Mopar iPod integration kit. Thanks for all the assistance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gdsabol; 07-01-2017 at 07:02 PM.