Due to popular demand, I have posted a how-to on the amp bypass for the 2G intrepid infinity system. It should work with all of the infinity systems, because logically any extra wires shouldn't be used. This is by no means a final draft, as I have yet to edit it for spelling/grammar errors, or added pictures. I would like to get this stickied though, as we are getting several requests for amp bypass help in the car audio forum. Heres the first draft:

Heres a quick how-to: Stock Amplifier

(this will be easier with the car door open)
1) pull off the skid panel at the bottom of the door. Find the passenger side kick panel directly adjacent to the panel you just removed and remove the 2 long screws with a Phillips head screwdriver.

2) Remove the panel carefully so you don't scratch and other trim pieces.

3) Locate the groups of wires connected to the amplifier and disconnect all of them. You may also have to remove some of the tape connecting the wires together.

4) Locate the 2 main groups of wires. One should have several wires, including red and black. This is the input wire harness. the wire group that includes wires twisted together, like green/black twisted with green/red, are the output wires.

The basic concept of this project is to connect the input wires coming from the head unit, to the output wires that are heading to the speakers. This will completely bypass the factory amp, allowing clearer sound and one less device in your car wasting power.

5) Find the 2 wires twisted together that are blue with a red stripe, and blue with a black stripe. This stands for positive and negative for the front right speaker. The same basic concept works for all of the speakers. The first wire listed is the wire on the speaker wire bundle, and the second is from the input wires. Cut the following wires and make the following connections:

FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER
LT BLUE/RED --> VIOLET (FR+)
LT BLUE/BLK --> DK BLUE/RED (FR-)
FRONT LEFT SPEAKER
LT GRN/VIOLET --> DK GREEN (FL+)
LT GRN/BLK --> BROWN/RED (FL-)

6) I would recommend stopping here like I did and trying to listen to the radio or a CD to test whether or not the front speakers were wired properly. You should notice right away if something is not connected properly. Continue on the the rear speaker wires. They are the ones running along the passenger trim running towards the back of the vehicle.

REAR RIGHT SPEAKER
TAN/RED --> DK BLUE/WHITE (RR+)
TAN/BLK --> DK BLUE/ORANGE (RR-)
REAR LEFT SPEAKER
WHITE/RED --> BROWN/YELLOW (RL+)
WHITE/BLK --> BROWN/LT BLUE (RL-)

Make sure you are using butt/crimp connectors or another reliable way of connecting the wires such as soldering. I also used electrical tape around my crimps for a little extra peace of mind.

7) At this point, you can do your final listening test, and even use your balance and fader controls (if available) to hear each individual speaker to make sure everything sounds right.

8) If everything is kosher, tie up the wires with cable ties or electrical tape and try to position them so the kick panel can easily be put back into place. I had to place some of the wires under the carpet, but you can do it however you see fit.

9) Put the screws back into the holes and line them up with the corresponding holes in the side or the cabin. This might take a little moving around but it shouldn't be too difficult if you ties the wires up nicely.

10) Enjoy!

Like I said, this is just a rough draft, so if you find any mistakes let me know. I'm almost positive it should be the same process for all 2G infinity systems but I definitely could be wrong. Thanks for looking and if you like it, tell me, if you don't like it, tell me what to change.